What do Public Relations and Fundraising Managers do?
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities designed to create or maintain a favorable public image or raise issue awareness for their organization or client; or if engaged in fundraising, plan, direct, or coordinate activities to solicit and maintain funds for special projects or nonprofit organizations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, government officials, and media representatives and use these relationships to develop new business opportunities.
- Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for media kits and develop and maintain company internet or intranet web pages.
- Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan.
- Assign, supervise and review the activities of public relations staff.
- Develop and maintain the company's corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
- Respond to requests for information about employers' activities or status.
- Manage communications budgets.
- Direct activities of external agencies, establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs.
- Draft speeches for company executives, and arrange interviews and other forms of contact for them.
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
- Manage special events such as sponsorship of races, parties introducing new products, or other activities the firm supports to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly.
- Facilitate consumer relations, or the relationship between parts of the company such as the managers and employees, or different branch offices.
- Formulate policies and procedures related to public information programs, working with public relations executives.
- Establish goals for soliciting funds, develop policies for collection and safeguarding of contributions, and coordinate disbursement of funds.
- Confer with labor relations managers to develop internal communications that keep employees informed of company activities.
- Produce films and other video products, regulate their distribution, and operate film library.
- Observe and report on social, economic and political trends that might affect employers.
- Maintain company archives.
- Manage in-house communication courses.
Related Jobs (Public Relations and Fundraising Managers)