What do Public Relations Specialists do?
Engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations. May write or select material for release to various communications media.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, or services.
- Plan or direct development or communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public or stockholder perceptions of an organization's accomplishments or agenda.
- Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, or public interest groups.
- Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and stockholders' reports.
- Coach client representatives in effective communication with the public or with employees.
- Confer with production or support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements or promotions.
- Confer with other managers to identify trends or key group interests or concerns or to provide advice on business decisions.
- Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product or service awareness or to promote goodwill.
- Consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals.
- Purchase advertising space or time as required to promote client's product or agenda.
- Prepare or deliver speeches to further public relations objectives.
- Plan or conduct market or public opinion research to test products or determine potential for product success, communicating results to client or management.
- Coordinate public responses to environmental management incidents or conflicts.
- Develop marketing campaigns for environmental technologies or services.
- Develop plans or materials to communicate activities undertaken by organizations that are beneficial to the environment, public safety, or other important social issues.
- Plan or direct development or communication of programs to maintain environmental responsibility.
Related Jobs (Public Relations Specialists)